The church bulletin
Most churches in America have a church bulletin. Some interesting announcements have appeared in their pages over the years.
• Miss Charlene Mason sang, “ I will not pass this way again,” giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
• Don’t let worry kill you off. Come let our church help.
• The cost for attending the fasting and prayer conference includes meals.
• The Rector will preach his farewell sermon after which the choir will sing, “Break Forth Into Joy.”
• Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking to Night at Calvary Memorial Church. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
• For all of you have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
• Potluck supper Sunday at 5 p.m. Prayer and medication follow.
• The sermon this morning will be “Jesus Walking on Water.” The sermon tonight, “Searching for Jesus.”
• The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
• Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the wide double doors at the side entrance.
• Irving Benson and Jessie Carter married Oct. 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
• At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
Don’t miss church this week. As you can see it is very interesting.