Altrusa International of Pampa held meeting recently
Altrusa International of Pampa, Texas, Inc. met Oct. 13, 2020 with Sheila Winton, president, presiding. Chalenia Freeman served as greeter. Virginia Dewey attended as a guest.
The Accent was given by Brenda Tucker who read a poem entitled, “The Train”. The poem explained the journey of life and the people involved as passengers. She expressed her gratitude for the Altrusa members who have been passengers on her train of life.
Chelsi Underwood was granted a leave of absence.
• Bi-City Meeting with the Borger club is canceled due to the Borger club disbanding.
• Lunch with Dignitaries program will be suspended for the remainder of the school year due to Covid 19.
• Coupons totaling $17,500 in value were mailed to an Okinawa Army Base.
• Nine Altrusans met at the Tralee Domestic Shelter on Oct. 10 to paint three rooms of the shelter. Plans are being made for a pantry drive for the shelter.
• Pampa Community Blood Drive, M.K. Brown, Oct. 14, 11 a.m to 6 p.m.
• SnackPak4Kids has resumed and will be needing volunteers next Monday, Oct. 19.
• Make a Difference Day, Oct. 24, TBA
The door prize was won by Judy Warner.
The next meeting will be held Oct. 27, Pampa Chamber of Commerce, 6 p.m.