Tax office to open sub-office in McLean
The Gray County Commissioners approved a plan for the tax assessor/collectors office to open a sub-office in McLean.
The office will be open twice a week, every other day in McLean.
The Commissioners also approved the Elections Administrator to pursue CTCL Grant Application for reimbursement of ballots, election worker salaries, and election supplies. County Judge Chris Porter said the grant is for expenses due to the election.
The Commissioners also discussed options for the Motorbank at 301 N. Cuyler. The County is currently chopping down the dead trees around it and connecting water and electricity to make it available for lease.
The Commissioners also approved:
• Pay bills as approved by the County Auditor
• County Treasurer’s Report
• Accept Quarterly Treasurer’s Report
• Accept County Clerk’s Report
• Generator for Perry Lefors Airport through Cares Act Grant
• Increase for Retirement Reception Expense. This item increases the County’s contribution $50/year for each tier of the program.
• Extended Disaster Declaration. This item lines the County up with Governor Greg Abbott’s orders. The County did opt-in submit a request to open bars and is waiting on Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission to approve.
The next meeting will be on Monday, Nov. 2.